CHRISTMAS GIFT DRIVE FOR CHILDREN
Each November the members and friends of Riverbend purchase gifts for thousands of disadvantaged children located throughout the greater Austin area. These kids are in foster care, shelters, and other very difficult situations. Together we make Christmas a little better for children in need of something special.
OCT 24 | 6:30pm | Fellowship Hall
Tag Making Party - We need volunteers to help make and distribute tags for this Christmas season project.
A light meal will be served
• Sign-up on the Plaza following the services for the next three Sundays or below
Volunteers needed to help in November: passing out tags as well as collecting, sorting, and delivering gifts. Click below button to sign-up.
Here is how it works:
- Starting on Sunday, November 6 , select a a tag (or several) before or after the worship service.
- Select a gift from the suggestions on the label, or an age-appropriate gift. Gifts should be new, not used.
- Gifts should cost no more than $30-35, so that all children, some of whom may be in a group setting, will receive gifts of the same approximate value. If you feel more generous, please take additional gifts instead.
- Follow the instructions - some gifts are wrapped and others are not.
- Return your gift(s) to the Home for Hope by noon Sunday, November 27 , 2016.
All of the gifts go to support the children and families who are served by partner agencies. Riverbend does not fulfill individual requests for donations through this drive.
Through financial contributions and additional tags we are going to be able to provide small gifts for kids in Rundberg as well as school uniforms, books, and food for the 250 kids we serve in El Salvador